Gluten-Free Oatmeal Snack Cookies
Hearty and healthy, these oatmeal cookies contain little sugar and extra fiber. They make a great breakfast cookie or after-school snack.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the baking mix and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, beat together shortening and brown sugar until soft and creamy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated. Stir in the baking mix mixture. Stir in oats 1 cup at a time. Fold in raisins.
- Drop batter, 1 tablespoon at a time, onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden-brown, rotating halfway through baking. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.