Gluten-Free Orange Cornmeal Cookies
This is an adaptation of a classic Italian cookie. You and your friends will love them. Use your favorite flavor additions, such as currants, dried cranberries, raisins, or dried apple chips.
Makes: 30 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 30 cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups gluten-free yellow cornmeal
- 1¼ cups brown rice flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. concentrated orange juice
- Zest of ½ orange, very finely minced
- ¼ cup coarse or turbinado sugar
- Process the eggs and sugar in a food processor. Slowly add the rest of the ingredients, except the coarse sugar and continue to process, stopping occasionally to scrape the bowl. Don’t overprocess.
- When the dough comes together, remove from the food processor, shape into a log, and roll in the coarse sugar. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1–2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- Slice log into ¼"-thick rounds, and place ½" apart on prepared sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.