Gluten-Free Orange-Cornmeal Cookies
Make these rich, tangy, gluten-free cookies with cornmeal, fresh orange juice, orange zest. Make a simple orange glaze and drizzle over the cookies.
Makes: 30Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice, divided
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the eggs and sugar. Add cornmeal, flour, arrowroot starch, salt, xanthan gum, butter, 1 tablespoon orange juice, and zest. Pulse to combine. When the dough comes together, remove from processor. Divide the dough in half, roll into 2 logs, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the dough and slice each log into 15 cookies. Place cookies 1 inch apart on baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden-brown. Cool on pan for a minute. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining orange juice. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.