Gluten-Free Orange-Cornmeal Cookies
Make these rich, tangy, gluten-free cookies with cornmeal, fresh orange juice, orange zest. Make a simple orange glaze and drizzle over the cookies.
Makes: 30 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 30 cookies
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1½ cups gluten-free cornmeal
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice, divided
- 2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the eggs and sugar. Add cornmeal, flour, arrowroot starch, salt, xanthan gum, butter, 1 tablespoon orange juice, and zest. Pulse to combine. When the dough comes together, remove from processor. Divide the dough in half, roll into 2 logs, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the dough and slice each log into 15 cookies. Place cookies 1" apart on baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden-brown. Cool on pan for a minute. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and remaining orange juice. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.