Gluten-Free Orange Pecan Refrigerator Cookies
This easy refrigerator cookie is rolled into a log and then sliced into cookies. You can adjust the flavor of these cookies by using the juice and zest of lemons or key limes instead of orange. Or make a batch of each for a variety all at once!
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, ½ cup granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir in the egg, orange zest, and orange juice concentrate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, and baking soda. Slowly stir dry ingredients into sugar mixture. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Divide the dough into two balls and place each on a separate 12" sheet of plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap to keep the dough from sticking to your hands, shape each ball into a 9"–10" log. Cover each log with the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Slice each log into 20–24 slices (¼" thick). Place cookie slices 1" apart on baking sheets. Sprinkle tops of cookies with the remaining ¼ cup granulated sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges of the cookies appear to be dry. Cool for at least 15 minutes on the baking sheets before moving to a cooling rack.