Gluten-Free PB&J Cookies
Inspired by the peanut butter sandwich, this gluten-free thumbprint cookie has a peanut butter cookie base with a raspberry jam filling. Feel free to use another flavor of jam, if you wish.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. When thoroughly combined, stir in the egg. In a smaller bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough by rolling into 1½" balls. Place 2" apart on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with the back of a teaspoon or your thumb, making an indentation in the center of each cookie. Add ½–1 teaspoon of jam to the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, turning baking sheet around halfway through, until the edges of the cookies are golden-brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets for 15 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.