Gluten-Free Peach-Nutmeg Crisp
This crisp combines the bold flavors of nutmeg and cardamom. If you enjoy chai tea, you’ll love how these spices work with the peaches and crispy topping. If you don’t have cardamom, substitute the same amount of cinnamon.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" x 8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together peaches, lemon juice, and granulated sugar. Pour into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, brown sugar, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger, and salt. Blend in the softened butter with your fingers, until you have a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle evenly over the peach filling.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, or until filling is bubbling on the sides and the top is golden-brown.