Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Waffles
Teff is an ancient Ethiopian grain that is naturally gluten-free. Its flour adds a nice crunch to these protein-packed delights.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup teff flour
- 1⁄4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. unrefined coconut oil, liquefied
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Mix milk with vinegar in a small bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In a mixer, blend egg, peanut butter, syrup, and oil. Stir in milk mixture. Drizzle peanut mixture over flour mixture, stirring gently. Do not overmix.
- Preheat waffle iron. Drop 1⁄4 cup batter into each section. Close lid and cook until waffle iron indicates ready. Repeat as necessary to use up batter.
- Top with whipped cream, blueberries, and maple syrup.