Gluten-Free Pear Clafoutis
Make this gluten-free version of the rustic French dessert, clafoutis, in a slow cooker.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. melted vegetable shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Place pears into a greased 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add melted shortening, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Stir to combine wet with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter over pears. Cover slow cooker and vent lid with a chopstick or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Cook on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours or on low for 5–6 hours. Serve warm or cold drizzled with pure maple syrup.