Gluten-Free Pizza Dough
Try making your own dough at home and get creative—there are many possibilities for toppings.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. active dry yeast
- 2½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2½ Tbsp. olive oil
- Mix water, sugar, and yeast in a small glass or shallow bowl.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer on low speed.
- Add yeast mixture. Increase mixing speed to medium and slowly add 1½ tablespoons oil.
- Grease dough with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add to a bowl. Cover bowl with a towel, and allow to rise in a warm area until doubled in size, about 1½ hours. If making dough to use at a later time, shape into ½-pound balls, wrap tightly and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. If freezing, place wrapped plastic balls of dough into a labeled plastic bag with date pizza dough was prepared in freezer up to 3 weeks.
- When ready to make pizza, prebake crust at 350°F for 25–30 minutes. Remove from oven and add toppings. Bake 15–20 minutes or until toppings are warmed through.