Gluten-Free Pork and Fennel Meatballs
These meatballs can be described as earthy and definitely tasty. Serve either as appetizers or as a full meal with gluten-free pasta and marinara sauce.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. lean ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp. gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fennel seeds
- In a mixing bowl, combine pork, half of parsley, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine or mix well with hands. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and toast fennel seeds until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Add meatballs to pan.
- Brown meatballs on all sides, cooking about 4 to 5 minutes per side, 20 minutes total. Meatballs are cooked through when no longer pink inside. Garnish with remaining parsley.