Gluten-Free Potato Crusted Chicken
Potato crust makes for a deliciously crunchy and very fulfilling chicken dinner night. Serve with spinach, green beans, or a generous salad.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free potato flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 3⁄4 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg with 1⁄4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk together flour, potato flakes, oregano, thyme, and 1⁄4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in egg, tapping off any excess, then dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat safflower oil and olive oil in a 6-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes on each side.