Gluten-Free Potato-Leek Soup
There are many versions of this excellent soup, which tastes wonderful either hot or chilled. Some recipes have chunky potatoes, and others are smooth—you can prepare this one whichever way you prefer.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 leeks, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and onion and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Simmer until the potatoes are tender. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer soup to a blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour the soup back into the pot; add the milk, whipping cream, and chives and reheat.