Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
Always a fan favorite, this moist and flavorful gluten-free version of the traditional holiday bread is good enough to fool even the harshest critic. Try it with an add-in such as raisins or chocolate chips.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄2 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, melted butter, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flours, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in the nuts.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pan. (It will be thick.) Bake for 60 to 75 minutes. Tent with a piece of aluminum foil if it starts to get too brown on top. It is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to rest for 10 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.