Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes
These pancakes are delicious with whipped cream on top. They are sweet and decadent and maybe a bit more dessert than breakfast, but who’s counting?
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter, plus extra butter for serving
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add the pumpkin, milk, and butter and whisk together.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well. Add more milk if needed for a pancake-like consistency.
- Heat a griddle to medium-high heat or 375°F and lightly coat with coconut oil or butter. Spoon the pancake batter onto the hot griddle, approximately 1⁄4 cup at a time. Cook until bubbly in the middle and dry around the edges, about 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 1 more minute. Serve with butter and maple syrup.