Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pancakes with Pumpkin Topping
These delicious and hearty pancakes are gluten-free. Use canned pumpkin purée for both the pancakes and the topping.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup pumpkin purée, divided
- 6 Tbsp. maple syrup, divided
- 1 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 Tbsp. rice milk
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. unrefined coconut oil, liquefied and divided
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1⁄2 cup pumpkin, 1⁄4 cup maple syrup, and 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix milk with vinegar in a small bowl. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. In a medium bowl, whisk 1⁄4 cup pumpkin, eggs, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil, and vanilla. Stir in milk mixture. Drizzle pumpkin mixture over flour mixture and stir gently, without over mixing.
- In a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, heat the remaining oil. Scoop batter onto hot griddle and cook for 2 minutes or until the undersides are fully cooked. Flip and cook 2 minutes until pancakes are fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of the pumpkin and maple syrup mixture.