Gluten-Free Pumpkin-Pecan Crisp
Pumpkin purée works well in a variety of gluten-free baked goods, including: breads, muffins, and cake. It is particularly good in this crisp recipe baked with a sweetened pecan topping. Serve with fresh whipped cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup chopped pecan halves
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Set oven to 375°F. Grease a medium baking dish with non-stick coking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the filling ingredients. Pour the pumpkin filling into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, toss together pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix in the butter with your fingers, until you have a crumbly mixture. Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the pumpkin filling.
- Place the baking dish on a baking sheet. Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until the top of the pecans are toasted and the pumpkin filling is set. A knife inserted into the middle of the crisp should come out clean.