Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie
This gluten-free pumpkin pie with homemade crust comes together quickly. Give it ample time to chill before serving.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 6 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable shortening, chilled
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" deep dish pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together almond flour, salt, and shortening until the mixture is crumbly. Press the mixture across the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Prick the bottom of the dough several times with a fork. Bake crust for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, spices, eggs, honey, and coconut milk, until thick and creamy. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the center jiggles slightly and a knife inserted into it comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with whipped cream.