Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Pecan Cornbread
This cornbread is great for the holidays or any cold and wintry night. Serve this bread hot from the oven with a dab of butter.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup safflower oil
- 1 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 5 Tbsp. honey, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease an 8" × 8" glass baking dish. Place baking dish in oven as it preheats.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients to blend. Add eggs, oil, milk, and pumpkin purée; stir until batter achieves a smooth consistency.
- Carefully remove baking dish from oven and pour batter into dish.
- Bake 20–25 minutes or until corn bread is golden brown on top and deep golden brown around the edges.
- Cut into squares and serve, drizzling each serving with ½ tablespoon honey.