Gluten-Free Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
Make a fudgy, gluten-free brownie batter and pour it into a baking pan. Then make a sweetened pumpkin mixture and drizzle it over the brownie batter. Create an elegant marbelized design by gently running a knife through the two batters and bake.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot starch
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make an aluminum foil sling for an 8" x 8" baking pan by cutting 2 strips of foil (12"). Cut or fold one side of each strip to 8". Lay 1 sheet of foil in the pan and press into the corners of the pan bottom. The ends of the foil should overhang the edges of the pan. Lay the second strip of foil perpendicular to the first and press into the corners of the pan bottom. should be Grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in cocoa, oil, and 1 cup sugar and mix until simmering. Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes. Stir in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well-combined. Slowly pour into flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- In small bowl, whisk together the egg white, pumpkin purée, remaining sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and remaining vanilla extract. Drizzle pumpkin mixture in a swirl pattern over the brownies. Gently run a kitchen knife through brownies and swirl once or twice to create an orange and brown marbleized design.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownies comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Lift brownies out of the pan with the foil sling and onto a cutting board. Remove foil and cut into 16 squares (2").