Gluten-Free Quinoa Muffins
These simple, gluten-free muffins are made with quinoa flour. Keep these on hand for a quick, protein-packed breakfast on the go or afternoon pick me up.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup gluten-free quinoa flour
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
- 1⁄2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, and almond milk. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until batter is thick. Fill muffin tins 2⁄3 full with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until muffin tops are golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.