Gluten-Free Raspberry Oat Bars
These versatile, gluten-free, oat bars make a great quick breakfast, afterschool snack, or dessert. You can use any flavor of jam or preserves for this recipe.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown rice flour
- 3⁄4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 jar (10 oz.) raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Make an aluminum foil sling for a 9-by-13-inch baking dish sling by cutting 2 strips of foil (18 inches long). Cut or fold one strip to a width of 9 inches. Cut or fold the other strip to a width of 13 inches. Fit the two strips in the pan perpendicular to each other and according to their width. Press foil into the corners of the pan bottom. The ends of the foil should overhang the edges of the pan. Grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together oats, brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking powder. Pour oat mixture into the creamed mixture and stir with a fork until crumbly and evenly mixed.
- Press half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread all the raspberry preserves evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumbly oat mixture over the preserves.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bars are golden-brown and jam is just a bit bubbly. Cool completely before removing from the pan. Remove by lifting the edges of the foil up. Place on a cutting board, remove the foil, and cut into bars. Dust lightly with confectioners’ sugar.