Gluten-Free Raspberry Streusel Breakfast Squares
If you need a grab-and-go breakfast, look no further than these buttery raspberry delights! They also pack well in a lunchbox.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 cups plus 2 Tbsp. gluten-free all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 13 Tbsp. chilled butter, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 bag (10 oz.) frozen raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a glass 9-by-13-inch baking pan with butter.
- Combine 1 1⁄2 cups flour, 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, rolled oats, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon in a food processor. Add 12 tablespoons butter (in chunks) and pulse until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup of the streusel mixture in a small bowl for the topping. Spread the rest in the buttered pan and pat down to form a crust. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place the remaining 2 tablespoons flour, 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl and mix with a fork. Add 1 tablespoon melted butter, lemon juice, and raspberries and gently toss together until the raspberries are coated with the mixture. Spread the raspberry mixture on top of the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle the remaining streusel topping on top of the raspberries and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until light brown on top. Cool completely before cutting.