Gluten-Free Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Beets with Chicken Tenders
This well-rounded, gluten-free chicken tender and veggie meal is cooked on a single baking sheet which makes for easy prep and quick clean-up.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger Brand Gluten-Free Traditional Breadcrumbs
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups beets, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dipping sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In shallow bowl, combine flour, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- In another shallow bowl, combine parmesan and breadcrumbs.
- Working in order, dredge chicken into flour mixture, dip into egg mixture, then roll in breadcrumb mixture. Arrange chicken tenders on half the prepared baking sheet. Spray tenders with non-stick cooking spray to help brown.
- On other half of the baking sheet, arrange beets and Brussels sprouts. Drizzle with olive oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with dipping sauce.