Gluten-Free Salted Caramel Pecan Bars
The base of these gluten-free bars is made with blanched almond flour.
Serves: 9Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup pecan halves, roughly chopped
- 3⁄4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. When oven is warm, place pecans on a baking sheet and toast for 8 to 10 minutes, shaking pan every couple of minutes to prevent burning. Remove from oven and set aside. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, 1⁄4 cup of brown sugar, and salt. Press mixture into the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, remaining 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, and cream. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and pecans. Pour mixture over crust in the baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the bars are golden-brown. Allow to cool completely in the pan, and then cut into 9 bars.