Gluten-Free Sausage Egg Sandwiches
Just because you’re gluten-free doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy one of America’s most iconic breakfast sandwiches at home.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 6 gluten-free English muffins, such as Glutino Gluten Free English Muffins
- 6 tsp. butter, softened
- 6 slices American cheese
- Form six sausage patties and fry them in a large frying pan over medium heat until they are cooked through and browned on the outside, about 10 minutes. Use a spatula to flatten them so they will fit nicely onto a sandwich.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and drain on paper towels. Cook the eggs in the remaining sausage grease, about 3 minutes. Shape into one even layer, then divide into 6 portions.
- Meanwhile, split the English muffins and toast them. Spread the insides with butter, about 1 teaspoon per side or to taste.
- Assemble a sandwich by layering the bottom of an English muffin with egg, a sausage patty, and cheese, and finally the top of the English muffin. Repeat to make the remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately.