Gluten-Free Sausage Gravy over Biscuits
Sausage gravy is a traditional Southern dish, generally served over biscuits. This easy gluten-free version is a great treat!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- ⅓ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 gluten-free biscuits, split
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, crumble the sausage and brown until cooked through and no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and sprinkle with flour. Stir the flour into the sausage. Add the milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for 10–15 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast the biscuits lightly to warm them up if they’re not fresh from the oven. Spoon sausage gravy over the warm biscuits and serve immediately.