Gluten-Free Scalloped Potatoes
Save to My Recipes
Scalloped potatoes are an ideal dish for the slow cooker. Potatoes cooked slowly over low heat are extremely tender and delicious.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutes
- cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes (about 6–8 medium potatoes)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cut in small pieces
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Grease a 4–6-quart slow cooker with gluten-free nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch, salt, pepper, and milk.
- Place ¼ of the potatoes in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour ⅓ of the milk mixture over the potatoes. Continue to layer ingredients, finishing with potato slices.
- Dot butter over potatoes. Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Thirty minutes prior to serving sprinkle cheese and chives on top of potatoes. Allow cheese to melt and then serve.