Gluten-Free “Shake It and Bake It” Drumsticks
Remember that wonderful chicken seasoning from your childhood? You can now make it gluten-free for crispy chicken drumsticks right in your slow cooker! Instead of using foil balls, you could wrap 4 to 5 small potatoes in foil and cook them in the bottom of the slow cooker to serve with the chicken.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup gluten-free corn tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 1½ Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. celery seeds
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried onion flakes
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- In a heavy-duty gallon-sized zip-top bag mix together the seasoning ingredients: crushed tortilla chips, olive oil, salt, paprika, celery seeds, pepper, garlic powder, and onion flakes.
- To prepare the slow cooker make 4–5 foil balls about the size of a small potato and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker. (This will help the chicken to get a little bit crispy in the slow cooker instead of cooking in its juices.)
- Place 2 drumsticks in the bag with the seasoning mix, seal it tightly, and shake the bag to coat the chicken. Place coated chicken drumsticks on top of the foil balls. Repeat with remaining drumsticks, 2 at a time.
- Cover slow cooker and vent the lid with a chopstick to help release extra moisture. Cook on low for 8 hours.