Shortbread is a traditional Scottish cookie traditionally made with only three ingredients: sugar, butter, and flour. This gluten-free version has 4 ingredients.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- In a medium bowl, cream the sugar and butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together arrowroot starch and sorghum flour. Stir flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Place dough on a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a 12" log. Wrap the dough completely with the plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Set oven to 350°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove plastic wrap and slice dough into 24 discs (½" thick). Place 1" apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes until cookies are golden-brown on the edges.