Gluten-Free Skillet Spaghetti with Ground Beef
This satisfying dish is easy enough to make on a weeknight. Just boil a pot of gluten-free spaghetti noodles, make a simple sauce with ground beef and a jarred tomato sauce, add shredded cheese on top and broil for a couple of minutes. Gluten-free pasta is sold in most grocery stores with the traditional dried pastas or gluten-free products.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 box (12 oz.) dried gluten-free dried spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz.) chunky tomato sauce
- 1 bag (2 cups) Italian cheese mix, shredded
- Bring 6 quarts of water to boil in a large stockpot. Stir in salt. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Set oven to broil. Arrange top oven rack to about 6" below heating element.
- In a large nonstick, oven-proof skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up meat with a wooden spoon for 5–7 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce. Off heat, add cooked spaghetti and mix to coat evenly with sauce. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Place skillet under broiler and heat until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 2 minutes.