Gluten-Free Skillet Spaghetti with Ground Beef
This satisfying dish is easy enough to make on a weeknight. Just boil a pot of gluten-free spaghetti noodles, make a simple sauce with ground beef and a jarred tomato sauce, add shredded cheese on top and broil for a couple of minutes. Gluten-free pasta is sold in most grocery stores with the traditional dried pastas or gluten-free products.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 quarts water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 box (12 oz.) dried gluten-free dried spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 jar (24 oz.) chunky tomato sauce
- 1 bag (2 cups) Italian cheese mix, shredded
- Bring 6 quarts of water to boil in a large stockpot. Stir in salt. Add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Set oven to broil. Arrange top oven rack to about 6 inches below heating element.
- In a large nonstick, oven-proof skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add ground beef, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring and breaking up meat with a wooden spoon for 5 to 7 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato sauce. Off heat, add cooked spaghetti and mix to coat evenly with sauce. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Place skillet under broiler and heat until cheese melts and begins to brown, about 2 minutes.