Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
This comfort food is made with nutritious northern beans and smoked bacon and simmered in a tangy homemade barbecue sauce.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cans (15 oz.) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ lb. raw bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. molasses
- 1½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ cup gluten-free ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Layer beans, bacon, and onions in a greased 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup whisk together the molasses, ground pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar.
- Pour sauce over the layered beans. Cover and cook on low for 8–10 hours.