Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Corn Bread
When you’re gluten-free, one of the hardest foods to replace can be bread. This easy recipe for gluten-free cornbread is baked right in your slow cooker. Perfect as a side for weeknight meals or to use in stuffing for the holidays!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 7 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup brown rice flour
- ⅔ cup arrowroot starch
- ⅔ cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- In a large bowl whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, and cornmeal. Add xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix together thoroughly.
- In a smaller bowl mix together the oil, eggs, and milk.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients with a fork, until you have a thick batter.
- Grease 3 emptied and cleaned aluminum cans (15 oz.) and place ⅓ of the cornbread batter into each can. The cans will be about half full.
- Place the cans in a 4-quart slow cooker. Pour ½ cup of water around the cans.
- Cover the slow cooker and vent the lid with a chopstick. Cook on low for 6–7 hours. Bread should rise and double in size and become golden brown on top when done.
- Remove cans of bread carefully from slow cooker and allow bread to cool before removing from cans. Slice each loaf into 4 round pieces of bread. Serve warm.