Make this gluten-free version of these classic cookies using a gluten-free pancake and baking mix.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup plus 3 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups gluten-free pancake and baking mix
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and 3⁄4 cup sugar. Mix until creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir together until fully incorporated. Stir in the pancake and baking mix 1⁄4 cup at a time, until you have a stiff dough. If the dough seems too stiff or crumbly, add 2 to 4 tablespoons cold water until you have a workable dough. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together cinnamon and 3 tablespoons sugar. Roll each cookie ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture until fully coated. Place the cookies on baking sheets 1 inch apart. Flatten cookies slightly with the bottom of a glass or the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies are golden-brown.