Gluten-Free Southern Cheese Grits
This dish is the perfect accompaniment to bacon and eggs.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 8 cups water
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" × 13" baking dish with butter.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Whisk in the butter and grits. Reduce heat to low and simmer while whisking constantly for 5–7 minutes or until the grits are done. They will be about the consistency of cream of wheat.
- Remove from heat and stir 1 cup of grits into the eggs. Add the egg mixture to the pot. Add the Cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder and stir to combine.
- Pour the grits into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake covered for 40 minutes or until the mixture is set and starts to turn golden brown. Serve and enjoy!