Gluten-Free Spiced Holiday Pumpkin Bread
This lovely loaf of fresh pumpkin bread with dried cranberries and toasted pecans makes a beautiful gift for the holidays.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2⁄3 cup arrowroot starch
- 2⁄3 cup brown rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1⁄4 tsp. ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups pumpkin purée
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 loaf pans (7 1⁄2 by 3 1⁄2 inches) with parchment paper and then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together arrowroot starch, brown rice flour, sorghum flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, canola oil, and vinegar. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in the cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Divide batter into loaf pans. Smooth tops of loaves with a wet spatula, if desired. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until top of bread is golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely for 1 hour.