Gluten-Free Spiced Holiday Pumpkin Bread
This lovely loaf of fresh pumpkin bread with dried cranberries and toasted pecans makes a beautiful gift for the holidays.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅔ cup arrowroot starch
- ⅔ cup brown rice flour
- ⅔ cup sorghum flour
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped, toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 (7½" × 3½") loaf pans with parchment paper and then spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together arrowroot starch, brown rice flour, sorghum flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the pumpkin puree, canola oil, and vinegar. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to combine. Fold in the cranberries and chopped pecans.
- Divide batter into loaf pans. Smooth tops of loaves with a wet spatula, if desired. Bake for 35–40 minutes until top of bread is golden-brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely for 1 hour.