Gluten-Free Spiced Pear Muffins
These spiced pear muffins make the perfect addition to a fall brunch.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 cups chopped pears
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, butter, applesauce, and vanilla on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, xanthan gum, and salt. Beat until just combined.
- Fold in the pears, and pecans. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about ⅔ full. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.