Gluten-Free Spinach and Scallion Cakes
This is a great way to get an extra serving of vegetables! A nonstick pan helps to prevent sticking. Sour cream makes a very good garnish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, moisture squeezed out
- 1⁄2 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup gluten-free cornmeal
- 5 extra-large eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients except the Parmesan cheese. Form into patties.
- Drop the patties, three or four at a time, into the pan and fry until delicately browned. Turn and sprinkle with cheese.