Gluten-Free Spritz Cookies
You will need a cookie press to make shapes with this dough. But if you don’t have a press, form the dough into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and chill the dough for an hour. Slice into
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 1¼ cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup colored sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and stir to make a soft dough. You may need to add 2–4 tablespoons of ice-cold water to the dough to make it pliable and workable. Scrape dough into a cookie press.
- Using a cookie press, choose your shapes and press out dough according to the directions for your cookie press. Place cookies 1" apart on baking sheets and dust with colored sanding sugar.
- Bake for 7–9 minutes until edges of cookies are light golden-brown.