Create a gluten-free stuffing that delivers the traditional taste you love!
Serves: 9Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups Kroger® Gluten Free White Bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic® Gala Apples, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 egg beaten
- Parsley, to garnish
- Allow bread to dry out for a few hours to a day so it’s completely dried out.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare an 8”x8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Once the bread is dry, cut into cubes and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions, celery and apples. Cook until the apples are very tender. Add the garlic and seasoning.
- Add in the bread, chicken stock and egg. Stir until just combined and transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.