Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
Be sure that your baking mix does not have xanthan gum in it before you try this recipe. If it does, leave the xanthan gum out of the recipe.
Makes: 36 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 36 cookies
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2½ cups gluten-free flour mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2½ tsp. xanthan gum
- Beat shortening, butter, and sugar on highest speed of a mixer until well blended. Blend in egg, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Whisk flour mix, baking powder, and xanthan gum together. Add to butter mixture.
- Chill dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll dough out on a flat surface dusted with flour. Cut with cookie cutters. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 12–15 minutes.