Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Breakfast Pancakes
Youʼll never look at pancakes the same way again once you taste this sweet potato variety! Sweet, smooth, and flavorful, this healthier option outdoes the refined favorite in every aspect.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sweet potato purée
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 1⁄4 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except agave nectar, and mix well.
- Scoop batter onto preheated skillet, using approximately 1⁄4 cup batter per pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, plate, and drizzle pancakes with agave nectar.