Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Enjoy dipping this warm, gooey chocolate-chip goodness in your favorite cold glass of nondairy milk!
Makes: 60Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 2⁄3 cups brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2⁄3 cup vegan margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- Egg replacement equal to 2 eggs, prepared
- 2 Tbsp. water, hot
- 1 package (12 oz.) gluten-free vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, beat together margarine, brown sugar, egg replacement, and water until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful onto 2 lightly greased baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Bake 8 to 11 minutes until edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.