Gluten-Free Vegan Eggplant Parmigiana
This quick and easy version of the Italian classic is made with nondairy cheese shreds for vegans who donʼt eat dairy products.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried basil
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄8 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup grated nondairy mozzarella substitute
- 1⁄4 cup nondairy Parmesan cheese substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Wash the eggplant and cut into slices about 1⁄4 inch thick. Stir the dried basil, dried oregano, and garlic salt into the spaghetti sauce.
- Lay half the eggplant slices in the prepared baking pan. Spoon half the spaghetti sauce over the top. Repeat layers with remaining eggplant and sauce.
- Cover the eggplant with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the oven. Uncover and sprinkle the mozzarella substitute on top.
- Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the “cheese” melts. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese substitute and serve.