Gluten-Free Vegan Vanilla Bundt Cake
This simple vanilla-flavored cake is both gluten-free and vegan. If you don’t have a Bundt pan, you can bake it in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish or as cupcakes. Adjust the baking times accordingly. Enjoy it plain, dusted with vegan confectioners’ sugar.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. vegan butter, softened and divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups plus 2 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan with 2 tablespoons vegan butter and dust with 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch.
- In a large bowl, cream together the remaining 1⁄2 cup vegan butter and sugar thoroughly until light and fluffy. Add the applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- In smaller bowl whisk together brown rice flour, the remaining 1 1⁄3 cups arrowroot starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together until you have a thick cake batter. Pour into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top of the cake is golden-brown. Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.