Gluten-Free Vegetable Enchilada Casserole
Vegetables are roasted until tender then layered in between salsa, cheese and corn tortillas for a fun take on classic Mexican enchiladas.
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into ½” chunks
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced into ½” wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar Kroger® Traditional Mild Salsa
- 9 6-inch corn tortillas, halved
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Sour cream, to serve
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil.
- On baking sheet, spread cauliflower, sweet potato, red bell pepper, green bell pepper and onions. Drizzle with olive oil; season with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Bake 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until tender.
- Reduce oven to 350°F. Prepare 9”x9” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- On bottom of dish, spread ½ cup salsa. Over salsa, layer a single layer of tortilla pieces, half the green onions, half the beans, one third the cheese, half the vegetables, a second layer of tortilla pieces, remaining green onions, half of the remaining salsa, remaining beans and half the remaining cheese.
- Add a third layer of tortilla pieces. Top with remaining salsa, remaining half of vegetables and cheese. Bake 20 minutes. Serve warm with sour cream and cilantro.