Gluten-Free Vegetarian Lasagna with Spinach
To make this recipe quickly, use pre-shredded mozzarella, frozen spinach, jarred tomato sauce, and oven-ready, gluten-free lasagna noodles.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 28 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 oz. (2 cups) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen, chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 cups chunky tomato sauce
- 2 boxes (9 oz.) oven-ready, gluten-free lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, mozzarella, salt, and pepper.
- Ladle 2 cups of the tomato sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add more sauce, if necessary, to completely cover the bottom. Add a single layer of lasagna noodles over the sauce, breaking noodles to fit if necessary. Ladle an additional 2 cups of tomato sauce over the noodles, covering all of the noodles. Dot with half of the ricotta mixture. Repeat the layers: a single layer of lasagna noodles, 2 cups of the tomato sauce, the remaining ricotta mixture. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles, the remaining 2 cups of tomato sauce, and the shredded cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with a large sheet of foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is a deep, golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.