Gluten-Free White Chocolate-Cranberry-Pecan Cookies
White chocolate, dried cranberries, and pecans are a classic combination that make these gluten-free cookies taste so great. The festive red of the cranberries makes these a great cookie to serve or give as gifts for the winter holidays.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot starch
- 3⁄4 cup sorghum flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk together arrowroot starch, sorghum flour, salt, xanthan gum, baking powder, and baking soda. Slowly stir dry ingredients into the creamed sugar mixture. Stir in the white chocolate morsels, dried cranberries, and chopped pecans.
- Drop 1 teaspoon at a time, about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, until edges are golden-brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 15 minutes before removing to cooling rack.