Gluten-Free Whoopie Pies
These sweet treats are exquisite. You will be shocked at how amazing they really are. But beware, they have quite a few calories.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dried ginger
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- 1 cup raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup hazelnut flour
- 4 Tbsp. coconut butter
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl.
- Add the honey, eggs, and vanilla to the flour mixture.
- Add the hazelnut flour and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Place ¼-cup scoops of the dough onto the cookie sheets, spacing cookies 2" apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Make Creamy Vanilla Frosting: Blend all frosting ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Sandwich two cookies with frosting.