Gluten-Free Zucchini Pancakes
These savory zucchini pancakes make a nutritious, albeit slightly unconventional, breakfast. Serve them with a side of bacon or sausage for extra protein. (They’re also a great side dish for dinner.)
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Shred the zucchini (a food processor is ideal for this) and squeeze dry with a dishtowel or paper towels. Dump it into a medium mixing bowl and add the minced garlic, flour, eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix lightly with a fork. If it seems too wet to hold together, you can add another tablespoon coconut flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Using an ice-cream scoop or serving spoon, drop the zucchini mixture into the pan in little blobs and flatten a bit with the fork. Cook until browned, 3–4 minutes, and then flip. Cook another 2–3 minutes or until desired doneness and transfer to paper towels to drain.