Gnocchi Mac & Cheese
Macaroni gets an upgrade with gnocchi in this cheesy baked dish.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 packages (16-oz.) gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter or spray a 2-quart casserole dish; set aside. Mix together panko, butter and parsley; set aside.
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- In a 4-quart sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter; whisk in flour, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes stirring constantly. Slowly add milk while whisking constantly until smooth. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat and add cheeses; stir until melted and smooth.
- Add gnocchi to cheese sauce; stir gently to coat. Pour into prepared dish; top with panko mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and starting to brown.